Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Blogspot is Weird

 The defaults seem the opposite of common sense. AdSense is pestering me about an ad.txt file. I finally get a custom one in settings. Then I just figure out to click the blog file in manage your sites to get it scanned. If they want a file why not just make the file?

I can find my blog in Bing but not in Google. I hesitate to mention it because maybe Bing is in error. Is it something with indexing? I go to Google Search Console. The page is crawled but not indexed. So, I request indexing. They notify me they are thinking about it. Weeks later, still thinking. I finally found a way in search console to request another crawl, but that crawl didn’t show up on the report.

Why is the default for blogspot to not show up in Google? How neat that I can request and control how Google scans my page, not.

The reason Google surpassed Yahoo is because they didn’t try to control searches. What else is Google missing?

It would be nice to have a table of contents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment